Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Search is Over... hopefully!


Okay I really don't think I've been this stressed out about making a decision about something like this since I bought my wedding dress. Finding a crib set... sounds simple enough right? Not for me. See I'm just not a girly-girl and the bright, obnoxious, ruffle-filled, covered with flowers and birds and animals sets were just too much for me to handle. I just couldn't find something I thought was perfect for our little girl. I have probably looked at over 500 different bedding sets. Finally I decided that I just needed to pick one. So with the help of my sister Kaylee I finally picked this one:


I think I actually had looked at it before she emailed it to me but it took seeing the other 500 to realize just how much I liked this one. I really love the muted colors and all the different textures on it. For now I just ordered the bedding set and I think I'll add some of the accessories once I see how it all looks in person. Oh and we also got the go-ahead from our landlords to paint the baby's room. Here is the before (from when we moved in):

Yep, the red just wasn't going to work with anything baby girl. So as soon as my parents get here in a couple weeks to visit and help us paint (I can't wait!) I'll have some more updates for you. We have a long way to go and a lot of stuff to move out of the room between now and then. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Trina said...

So cute Kim!!! I am so happy for you, i hope all is well you will be the best mom ever!!! Miss you, Trina

Eric and Jenny said...

What the heck I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations I am a little late, so sorry! I also didn't know you had been updating your blog (well kinda April), for some reason it didn't show updated on my reader. I feel like a jerk.....I am so sorry!

I am so happy for you, she's coming any time, 12 days how exciting!

I get K's bows mostly from Etsy shops, i just love them. I kind of have an addiction to them if I am being honest....they are always so different and unique. I have a list of favorites so let me know if you are interested I can send you the list.

Hope you are doing well my friend, sorry I am so out of the loop again. Please update when you have her, I will be dying to know!

Kim Allen said...

Jenny-
Ha ha, I was wondering why you hadn't said anything about my updates :)

I would love to know your Etsy shop favorites- I was browsing on there the other day. You can email it to me if you want. kimski27@gmail.com