Monday, December 31, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Addilyn just loves her Grandma Neta! I can't get enough of seeing these to together. We walk over to my mom and grandma's house almost every night after I get home from work. We eat dinner and then play until it's time for Addilyn to head to bed. As soon as we get Addilyn out of her highchair she runs over to grandma's chair to see if she has anything good to feed her. It's so cute how she stands there with her mouth wide open like a little bird until she gets a bite of ice cream or yogurt or whatever other yummy food Grandma might have.
Addilyn has also found that Grandma will do just about anything for her. She loves to pull bags of rolls out of the bread drawer and then runs off and takes them straight to Grandma who always opens them for her. She's already a pro at "If mom says no go ask grandma."
Another one of Addi's favorite things is riding on Grandma's walker. It has a little seat on it and Addi will whine to be put up there and then holds on while Grandma pushes her around. She always has the biggest smile on her face and just looks like she thinks that it is the coolest ride ever!
The last two nights we've discovered that these two also have some of the same tastes in t.v. shows. Grandma loves watching "Dancing with the Stars" and Addilyn started to dance and bounce up and down when she heard the music then when they start cheering she claps and smiles and just looks so proud of herself. It's so cute to watch.
I just wish I could capture each memory of these two and save them for Addilyn so she'll know someday how much her Grandma Neta loved her.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
You make everyone around you smile. No one can resist that smile of yours, that laugh, or your wonderful little chatter. Everyone, not just your mommy, is astounded by how smart you are. You say "hi, daddy, Addi, thank you, and woof" and even though I'm not always sure your saying them on purpose, I love to hear your babble. You also love to sing. Every time you hear music I can hear your sweet little voice following along with the tune.
I love seeing you watch and learn new things. Just yesterday you picked up the forehead thermometer that I had just used on you and held it up to your head like you knew exactly what it was for. You do the same thing with any electronic device in our hands. You've mastered the use of the iPad and hold anything that resembles a phone up to your ear. Your favorite thing to do is to look at pictures on our phones. I love the way you laugh and giggle at pictures of yourself and other little kids.
I love that you are equally a daddy's and mommy's girl. You have been lucky enough to have a daddy that has been able to stay home with you while I work and I know the bond you two have because of that will always be there. I know you'll need that someday, like when your about 13 and are having a hard time feeling pretty or loved. I also love to see your face light up when I walk in the door and just see so clearly that you know that I am your mommy. Sometimes, it's hard for me to leave you and it's hard for me to think about the time that I am missing but I know the time I spend away makes me that much more grateful for the time I do spend with you. I cherish that time so much. I hope I am showing you all that you can be as a wife, a mother, and a girl.
Looking back at the past year, I think about all those questions I had when you were so little. Yes, those dark dark blue eyes have turned to brown like your dad's, making you the only brown-eyed grandbaby in the Dutro family, and I love it. Yes, you have followed your mommy's looks in the hair department and are still as bald as can be.
Now I can't wait to keep watching you grow. I love watching you take your first tentative steps and I know it won't be long until you're running all over the house. I can't wait to hear what you have to say when you can tell me just exactly what is running through that cute little head of yours. I am so excited to see your eyes light up each time you discover some new and wonderful skill, and I love being able to share it with your wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends. You are just too cute to keep to ourselves. So my sweet girl, thank you for one wonderful year together and I am so happy to know I have an eternity with you to look foreword to.
|Addilyn and Mom in Astoria, Oregon (Where they filmed Goonies!)|
|At the Seaside Aquarium feeding the seals|
|Seals waiting for some fish. They word start slapping their sides and barking at you to get some food. So fun!|
|Addilyn touching a starfish, she wasn't a fan.|
|Dad and Addilyn at the beach, too cold to swim!|
|Mom getting some snuggles at the beach.|
|Our first time at the ocean together!|
|Addilyn and mom outside the Maritime Museum.|
|Addilyn and Mom sharing some corn on the cob at the fair|
|Dad showing Addilyn all the animals.|
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
|Addi and her cousin Taylor|
|Addilyn rockin' her swimsuit at the Lake.|
We also made another visit to Willow Park zoo. This time we were joined by our friends, Scott and Marinda and their little girl Lydia. Addilyn was more interested in watching Lydia than the animals but the peacocks definitely were putting on a show.
|Peacock at Willow Park Zoo|
|Addi and Mom at the Zoo|
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
We celebrated Mother's Day at Maddox with all the Dutro Family. Here's Addilyn with her cousin Cooper. Can you believe that they are just one day apart? And Addi is older? And Cooper was born 6 weeks early? Ha Ha.
We had an impromptu Family Night trip to the great Willow Park Zoo in Logan. Addilyn liked the monkeys and we all had fun chasing the peacocks around.
Addilyn celebrated her hitting the 9 month mark on my birthday and she was more than happy to help herself to some cake and licorice.
She also had fun playing with Cooper for the weekend. These two sat at that table for quite a while playing with/eating the blocks.
Dustin got me a great birthday present of a new lens for my camera that was perfect for taking portraits. We just had to try it out.
Monday, May 7, 2012
- She is an awesome sleeper! Consistently sleeps through the night now. Goes to bed about 8 and I have to wake her up to feed her before I go to work. Then she's back to bed for about another 2 hours. Throw in 2 more 1-2 hour naps and you've got one happy baby.
|Taking a nap with her bum straight up in the air. A mid-day pick-me-up text from Daddy for me :-).|
- She is doing a real crawl and is a little speed demon. She can make it all the way across the room in seconds, especially if she sees that her mom or dad just got home :)
- She has started drinking formula which was a huge weight off my shoulders. Up until this month I was struggling to keep up with how much she wanted to eat and how much I could pump at work. Things are going much better now.
- She has her first tooth! It's on the bottom right side and is just so cute. It's a little hard to get a glimpse of it because anytime you try to pull her lip down to look at it she sticks her tongue out. So you just have to catch it when she gives you a big grin.
- She is a super eater. Grammee loves to feed her and she loves to be fed. Her favorites are: sweet potatoes (yep my little Southern Bell), apple-cinnamon oatmeal, pretzels, yogurt snacks (Aunt Lauren calls these her "happy pills") and just about anything else you want to feed her. She doesn't care for blueberry meltable puffs, bananas, or rice cereal. Oh and she loves strawberries but we found out they give her a rash so we are currently battling over that one.
- She loves to walk around the furniture and shove herself into little cracks between the tables and couches and just basically get into everything.
|It's okay, I promise the can was empty!|
- She's an escape artist. Daddy and Grammee have both lost her while each of them were in the bathroom. Grammee found her in a room that she hadn't thought to look in because the door was shut but Addilyn had crawled in there and then pushed it shut. Daddy found her in her room playing with her toys which has about 5 tiled stairs leading to it. She also still likes to escape from her jammies whenever possible.
|Rockin' the one shoulder look.|
- She loves people. She likes to try to kiss the babies and smiles at just about everybody.
|Addilyn and her cousin Cooper (just one day apart from each other)|
|Addilyn and Aunt Jen|
|Addilyn with Great-Grandma Neta. Even though they have an age difference of almost 95 years Grandma is one of her favorite people!|
- She has the cutest laugh. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but I just can't get enough of it.