Monday, May 7, 2012

Addilyn at 8 months

Can I please just make time go slower!?!? I really just want to soak up every minute I've got with this little cutie. Ugh I know it's not possible so I'll just make sure I remember the highlights of my 8-month-old:

  • She is an awesome sleeper! Consistently sleeps through the night now. Goes to bed about 8 and I have to wake her up to feed her before I go to work. Then she's back to bed for about another 2 hours. Throw in 2 more 1-2 hour naps and you've got one happy baby.
Taking a nap with her bum straight up in the air. A mid-day pick-me-up text from Daddy for me :-).
  • She is doing a real crawl and is a little speed demon. She can make it all the way across the room in seconds, especially if she sees that her mom or dad just got home :)
  • She has started drinking formula which was a huge weight off my shoulders. Up until this month I was struggling to keep up with how much she wanted to eat and how much I could pump at work. Things are going much better now.
  • She has her first tooth! It's on the bottom right side and is just so cute. It's a little hard to get a glimpse of it because anytime you try to pull her lip down to look at it she sticks her tongue out. So you just have to catch it when she gives you a big grin.
  • She is a super eater. Grammee loves to feed her and she loves to be fed. Her favorites are: sweet potatoes (yep my little Southern Bell), apple-cinnamon oatmeal, pretzels, yogurt snacks (Aunt Lauren calls these her "happy pills") and just about anything else you want to feed her. She doesn't care for blueberry meltable puffs, bananas, or rice cereal. Oh and she loves strawberries but we found out they give her a rash so we are currently battling over that one.
  • She loves to walk around the furniture and shove herself into little cracks between the tables and couches and just basically get into everything. 
It's okay, I promise the can was empty!
  • She's an escape artist. Daddy and Grammee have both lost her while each of them were in the bathroom. Grammee found her in a room that she hadn't thought to look in because the door was shut but Addilyn had crawled in there and then pushed it shut. Daddy found her in her room playing with her toys which has about 5 tiled stairs leading to it. She also still likes to escape from her jammies whenever possible.
Rockin' the one shoulder look.

  • She loves people. She likes to try to kiss the babies and smiles at just about everybody.
Addilyn and her cousin Cooper (just one day apart from each other)

Addilyn and her "Best Friend" Lydia

Addilyn and Aunt Jen
Addilyn with Great-Grandma Neta. Even though they have an age difference of almost 95 years Grandma is one of her favorite people!

  • She has the cutest laugh. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but I just can't get enough of it.


Addilyn is just an all-around happy sweet baby and we feel so blessed to have her as part of our family. I really am so lucky to be her mommy!

No comments: