Monday, July 5, 2010

Life in NC and Our House (before)

I know, its been a long time since I posted anything. Life was a little crazy while we were moving, but things have slowed down now... way down. I was supposed to start working July 1st but I've had some issues getting my license as a Speech-Language Pathologist in North Carolina so I won't be able to start until August. In the meantime I've been meeting some of my coworkers and some clients that I may be getting from them. I've also been working on putting together and decorating our cute little house. I still have a little ways to go before I want to take pictures of it but here's the pictures we took when we first looked at the house. It's in the middle of now-where but we're loving the area, our ward, and the beautiful views all around us.

The Front of Our House
(yes we have a sliding door for our front door,
kind of weird but it's not too bad)
Views from our front porch

The Kitchen
The Living Room
The Office/ 2nd Bedroom
The Bathroom
Our Bedroom

While we were visiting to look for houses before we moved we went on a little hike around the Blue Ridge Parkway. Here's a couple of my favorite pictures. It was so gorgeous! Dustin was making fun of me because I would take a step, then take a picture, take another step, then take take another picture. I couldn't help it!






7 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun for you guys!! The house is so cute :) I love it!! My brother just moved to North Carolina. I have NO idea where the cities are but they moved to Pinehurst. Where did you move to? I hope you are enjoying it there!!

Kim Allen said...

Pinehurst is just about in the middle of the state. We're in a little town called Purlear which is more on the west side. But Pinehurst is only 3 hours away (I say only because it seems like everything is at least 2 hours away from here)

Eric and Jenny said...

I am so glad you posted!

Your house looks darling, and my goodness that looks like a gorgeous area to live in. It's so green! Good luck with your job and getting all settled, hope all goes smoothly.

Ashley C. Griffiths said...

Kim!!!! Your house is super duper cute!!! I love it! I'm so happy you're loving NC...remember, I need to come see you!!!

Jessica said...

well I was hoping you moved into the same ward as my brother. :( he he. But it does look gorgeous there and I can't wait to visit n.c. My sis in law had to travel over an hour away to sams club. That's just crazy talk! Is yours closer? ;) I hope so!

The Pollard Family said...

North Carolina is beautiful! It sounds like things are going well. I'm excited to see your after pictures-it's a super cute house:)

Kim Allen said...

Jessica- I'm an hour away from Sam's Club too! I had to buy one of those insulated freezer bags they have to keep my groceries cold until I get home. But since I grew up in Cove I'm kind of used to having to drive far for everything.