Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our First Weekend Outing

Dustin and I have decided that we were going to go somewhere fun every weekend while we are here. Since we had already traveled a lot this week we stayed close to our house in Durham. We drove about an hour away to Greensboro which is one of the areas that Dustin served in on his mission. We went on a tour of Guilford Courthouse, which was a Revolutionary War battleground. While we drove around the park we thought of how hard it would have been to fight a war in the thick woods all around the battlegrounds. It was a great place to be around Memorial Day and to be able to remember what people had sacrificed for our freedom. 



On Sunday we drove back to Greensboro and went to church in the Lakefield Ward that Dustin had served in during his mission. There were a few people who remembered him and were very glad to see him. It was great to go to church and have something that was familiar and a little piece of home. I love that I know that no matter where I go, the gospel I know is true is the same and I have people that I know I can count on.

No comments: